domingo, 19 de enero de 2014

Dictionaries

I chose a word (nowadays) to look for in these three different dictionaries merrian-webster dictionary, oxford dictionary and wordreference.
I could read in merrian-webster, you can see the definition, examples, synonyms, antonyms in the same page. This is very comfortable. In this same page you can see some options like quiz and games, the word of the day for entertaining you and learn at the same time.
About oxford dictionary, you can look for the mean of the word, and you can click in some options like synonyms, grammar, explore. Here you can play too and know about different topics.
I use wordreference to look for the mean of the same word but at the beginning you have to select your option English definition, English-Spanish, English synonyms, etc. It is a disadvantage but at the same time is an advantage because you can translate some words in different languages.
The disadvantage that I have found is the publicity. It is around the web and sometimes it is difficult to find some options of the web.


I usually use wordreference and oxford dictionary to know the mean of the words and translated them in Spanish. I didn’t know the merrian-webster. It is a useful dictionary but I prefer oxford dictionary than this because I know how I have to use the web and I like it.



Finally, I try again to look for the same word in other dictionary and I find the same result, but only with the mean. 
The http://www.learnersdictionary.com/ is simpler than the last dictionaries, but the definitions it is very similar with the others dictionaries. 

Games from dictionaries

In the last dictionaries you can play and learn at the same time. For example, in Oxford you can play a game where you listen to a word and after that you write it. Merrian-webster has games too. In this web you can play and learn vocabulary. It is very interesting. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario